Thursday, November 5, 2009

"Mr. Wonderful"


Sandi emailed me this afternoon after the days postal delivery, and she is delighted with the bear I sent her for the TBACA Christmas swap. I haven't named him yet so Sandi has nicknamed him Mr Wonderful! (Which I think is a pretty good name so perhaps he'll keep it) Here he is in all his "Christmasness" :)

I don't usually dress bears so this is a bit of a departure for me, but I wanted him to have a distinctively festive air. His costume is made from Christmassy green, wool felt with a red cotton trim which has a cute starry print and red star shaped buttons. Mr Wonderful has a matching Christmas stocking which is embroidered with Sandi's name and in the stocking is a mini bear. I think tomorrow will be delivery day for Sandi's bear to me.......I can't wait!

Today was a gorgeous Spring day, and I spent some time in the late afternoon down at the lakeside with Lily. I could have stayed longer but chores were calling me home. I watched a family of black swans out on the water, the cygnets are about half grown and still grey. They were a lovely sight but they moved farther out onto lake when they saw us, rather cautious of Lily's water antics. She was having a heap of fun with a stick, pushing it around in the water with her nose while blowing bubbles! So funny! Lily loves the water and even in the middle of winter she'll jump in after a ball or stick! (Brrrrrr)

5 comments:

  1. Mr. Wonderful seems like a VERY appropriate name for him--he IS simply wonderful! Beautiful work.

    Heaps of Hugs,
    Cheryl
    Bingle Bears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bear Linda! I have found doing a christmas swap has really pushed me into accessorising, which I have'nt ever done before, and I have loved it!!!!
    Can't wait to see Sandi's bear for you!!!!!
    Down by your lake sounds SOOO tranquil...I love that feeling of peace in this wild world...enjoy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to tell everyone, the bear "in the flesh" is even better than the photo. I couldn't be more thrilled with Mr. Wonderful, he's perfect and keeps me company in my studio where I can look at him all day.
    Thank you so much Linda for such a special ensemble, I will treasure them always.
    P.S. Next time you can forget the 'fetti! LOL!!
    Warmest hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Wonderful is simply wonderful. Congrats to his new owner too, she is lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again, just to tell you ... you have an award to pick up from my blog! Have fun with it.
    Hugs,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete